The Sponsorship Marketing Awards recognize excellence in strategy and activation of sponsorship marketing. The eight SMA categories are inclusive of all types of sponsorship, including venues, events, personalities and media properties.
Definition of Sponsorship and Sponsorship Marketing
- To Sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person or organization by providing money or other resources in exchange for something, usually advertising or publicity, and always access to an audience.
- Sponsorship Marketing is the activation or leveraging of this sponsorship, beyond the usual advertising, publicity and audience access.
- Sponsored Properties can include venues, events, personalities, organizations, entertainment programs or media properties.
There are eight categories that can be entered. The eight categories are inclusive of all types of sponsorship, including venues, events, personalities, organizations, entertainment programs and media properties. You may enter into one of the following 6 categories:
- Sports (event, organization, athlete)
- Arts & Entertainment (performance, organization)
- Cause (for not-for-profit programs)
- Special Interest (activation of sponsored programs created in areas other than Sports, Arts & Entertainment, or Cause.)
- Media Sponsorship (activation of sponsored programs experienced primarily via media such as broadcast, print, online, etc.)
- Business-to-Business (primary target is business customer, not mainstream consumer)
You may also enter into one or both of the following 2 categories:
- Sustained Success (for programs that demonstrate delivery of business results over 3 consecutive years or longer)
- Small Budget (for programs budgeted at less than $100,000 annually, which includes rights fees and activation)
You are not required to enter into one of categories 1-6 to enter into categories 7 and/or 8. The judging panel reserves the right to re-categorize case submissions as they deem appropriate.
Each case submission will declare the selected category for competition. The entry fee is $250 plus HST for each category in which a case is submitted. You may enter one case into a maximum of 2 categories. Click here for entry details.
If you require assistance with clarifying or identifying the appropriate category for your case submission, please contact Davina Wong at 416-964-3805 ext 1007 / dwong@ACAweb.ca.